Preparing to buy, sell or move home
You can put your home on the market and start to look for properties you want to move into. If any member of the household being viewed is showing symptoms or is self-isolating then estate agents should not physically visit the property.
- You can begin to market your home and estate agents are able to visit in order to take photos/floor plans and a walk through video of the property.
- To help prevent the spread of infection, we encourage people to do the majority of their property searching online; for example only physically viewing those properties which you believe you are most likely to want to move into.
- As usual, you can also start to bring together the documentation necessary to sell your property (more information on these documents is available in the government’s guidance on how to sell homes).
- If you wish to buy a new build property you should make contact with the developer in the usual way. You should be able to view the show home or visit the particular plot you are interested in purchasing, although there will be appointment systems in place.
1. Get your finances in order
2. Make your home looks its best
3. We value your property
4. Set an asking price
5. Instruct us as your estate agent
6. Help prepare the marketing materials
7. Get your paperwork in order
8. Conduct or work around viewings
9. Hire a solicitor or conveyancer
10. Reassess if your home isn’t selling
11. Receive offers
12. Accept an offer – or negotiate
13. Start house-hunting
14. Keep things moving
15. Exchange and complete