Recently many of us have been spending a lot more time than usual within our four walls, and our living space has become much more versatile to allow us to work, exercise, bake (and the rest!) due to our change in routine. This seems to have our buyers’ minds whirring about their priorities when looking for a new property in South Manchester.
Here are our current top five buyer demands:
- A garden – Although it seems the warmer weather has escaped us for the time being, our top demand for those searching for a home is access to an outside space. This is not exclusive to lawns either, some of the most viewed properties on our website feature a patio area, perfect for outdoor seating to entertain friends and family (while social distancing of course!).
- A bigger home with plenty of space to work – During this time, many of us have had to adjust to working from home, which has encouraged buyers to look for properties with space available to turn into a home office. It seems that video calls from home are here to stay!
- Off-street parking/garage – Our cars have become even more important to us recently, allowing us to travel to beauty spots such as the Peak District to do our daily exercise. Therefore, it is no surprise buyers are looking for somewhere to park their motor, and a garage can provide a more secure area for peace of mind.
- A contemporary living space – A ‘doer-upper’ has been a popular style of property for many years. However, recently it seems buyers are more interested in purchasing a home that is ready to move into and won’t require a budget-busting investment.
- A conservatory – Picture this… sitting in your cosy conservatory with a view of your garden, with the sound of typical Mancunian weather (rain) on the roof. Sound good? Our buyers certainly think so. And if we are lucky enough to have some warmer weather, conservatories can act as a sunroom.