Our House Price Index was released to the media this morning and gives a picture of house prices and activity over the last month. Here are some key facts to share with your team and customers.
- Active start to 2018 as housing demand continues to be resilient:
- Price of property coming to market up by an average of 0.8% (+£2,414), indicating cautious optimism among new sellers
- All regions see price rises except for marginal fall of just £131 in the South West
- January busiest month ever on Rightmove with home-hunter visits hitting over 141 million
- More sellers too, with number of properties coming to market up by modest 2% on previous year
- Year-on-year change in number of sales agreed recovers from -5.5% in Q4 2017 to just -1.6% in January
- Midlands dominates fast-selling hotspots with prices rising three times faster than the national averag